[WriteLog] WLOG 'friend.ini"

Bob Helms af5z@inetport.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:04:06 -0600

A couple of quick questions....

1.  Can the developer kit for creating new contest setups be used
without a C++ compiler?  I understand this requires programming but
I wonder if I must buy a C or C++ language package as well.

2.  I'm having a challenge getting the 'friend.ini' file to do what
I wish.  I've created a second, short list of callsigns and names
that I call 'qrp.ini'.  I think I had it working fine with V9.23 but
now that I've upgraded to V10.15C I've lost the 'writelog.ini' entry
to point to the different file as a source of data for the %h function
within the CW/RTTY function key programmable memories.

What syntax do I use within 'writelog.ini' to show the path to an
alternate file instead of 'friend.ini'?

If the ability to use a different file is no longer there....What
is the syntax to refer to a different section within the 'friend.ini'
file as described in the help file about the cw message memories?

If I understand correctly, the current existing section in the example
'friend.ini' file is called [HI_SECTION].  I don't see any reference
to either 'friend' or 'hi' within the 'writelog.ini' file.

I'm hoping for help from the reflector before I bother Ron or Wayne.

Thanks,

Bob Helms, AF5Z
af5z@inetport.com