[WriteLog] Transverter Offset

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:24:38 -0000

In the Start menu group for WriteLog V10 you should find an
entry named "Setup VHF Transverter Offsets". Run that,
and it presents a selection of comm ports that you might
have a rig on. Select the one corresponding to the rig
that you have connected with a transvert.

Then, for every VHF/UHF band in the list, enter the
number to be added to the rig readout to calculate the
actual operationg frequency. The number is in MHz and
you may use a decimal.

WriteLog won't use the transverter offset until you
command it to a given band. And it won't know if you
switch out transverters--you have to manually switch
bands. But, once you've told WL what band you're on,
it does know how to calculate operating frequency from
your rig frequency, and how to set the rig frequency
to match a commanded operating frequency.

Wayne