[WriteLog] Writelog as voice recorder

jcullum jcullum@micron.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:12:25 -0700

Writelog's sound card interface works great.  We have been using it at our
multi-op (NK7U) as well as at our individual home stations.  In general, it
is tough to tell any audio difference between the recorded voice and the
live voice.

As far as using a radio with a built in voice recorder.  Some people may be
using that option, but it isn't the best solution.  I don't think writelog
has the ability to control the radio's voice keying functions.  TR can do it
depending on the radio.  Otherwise, you are pressing the buttons on the
front of the radio to call CQ and such.  On my FT-920 it is less than
optimum.

On the Writelog homepage there is some help on building the cables that you
will need to go between the computer and the radio.

Good Luck.

Jim/K7MK

WPX MM @ NK7U this weekend running Writelog 10.15

-----Original Message-----
From: John Ragsdale [mailto:jr91901@navix.net]
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2000 12:21 AM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog as voice recorder

One of my requirements for a new radio has been a voice recorder for phone
contests. I understand WriteLog will transmit .wav files created using
Windows
and a sound card. Is that arrangement a viable alternative to purchasing a
radio
with sound card capability in terms of quality of transmitted audio and
other
pertinent factors.

Thanks for responding.

John NĜOFR