[WriteLog] Need some advice with techique

Keith A. Regli kregli@aspi.net
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:23:24 -0500

Bill,

See arrows for one opinion.  Others my have better ideas.

	Keith WB6BIG

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-writelog@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-writelog@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Bill Heinzinger
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 9:01 PM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Need some advice with techique

A couple of issues I haven't been able to figure out.
1. What am I missing in being unable to click on 599 PPQ-WWRT and getting
the unshifted characters to fill into the serial and time fields.
I'm afraid I can't always decipher them fast enough.

>>> you can click while holding the shift key down on the PPQ and the WWRT
>>> WL will deal with it.

2. The instructions explained how to eliminate the '20 qso's since last
save' message but I think it also stops the automatic save. Am I right about
this?

>>> from the help file...
>>> Set AutoSaveCount to the number of QSOs allowed between automatically
>>>saving the log. Set this to -1 and WriteLog will not autosave. If you
>>>make no entry here, WriteLog will auto-save after every 100 QSOs.
>>>AutoSaveCount= -1

3. Someone requested a 'print buffers' option. I presently do it via
cut/paste into Notepad and it's a bummer. I'd second that option.

>>> Alt-PrintScreen then paste into Paint and print is marginally better

4. When calling cq I kept having the AFC uncheck in the display window if I
clicked on a unhighlited callsign. This would defeat the AFC and would have
to recheck it. As the display window does not contain a focus so that
hitting a F key would work it would sometimes cause a slight delay in
response.

>>> There is a method.  When you click a callsign it unchecks and the AFC
>>> locks assuming you don't want to accidently shift to another signal.
>>> Seems to cause a lot of trouble, although I'm getting more consistent
>>> the more I use it.

5. The numeric keypad + symbol would send the thank you/qrz exchange AND
save the qso.
How can I call that from a different F buffer. Such as:
SF9 %D Thanks for a qso on all 5 bands! %M
where the %M then sends the normal + key buffer.

>>> I have a utility to do it, but it's not quite ready for prime time.

Thanks guys, I'm still learning Writelog and makeing a FEW less mistakes.

"I'm so ugly.....My mother had morning sickness.....AFTER I was born."

Bill
homepage at
http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol