[WriteLog] Writelog sound board interface "cw"

Fritz Schewe ad6g@mcn.org
Fri, 19 May 2000 11:40:25 -0700

Ron:  I'm stumped.  Maybe you can help.

In the past I ran writelog with a KAM for both rtty and CW.  Using DX4WIN
as the CW decoder.  It takes a lot of room both in memory and on the
screen.  So I decided with the new release try to incorporate the
writelog CW feature and maybe PSK.  So I checked out my soundboard with
the checker and received a 7f, I guess thats good, bigger than 3f and the
results displayed said it had a possibility of working ???.  So I
redirected my ts870 audio output from the Kam to the sound board line
input..   Following the instructions in your support rtty setup document
I set the TU type to SB afsk.  Now I assume that I should see some kind
of signal on the rtty display.  I do and it looks like white noise
through a filter with dancing red dots and lines.  So I tuned in a cw
signal, no change.  Then I changed the mode to cw, nothing.  Now I tried
your wlogsoundmixer level control, no help. I increased the TS870 audio
out level to max. Nothing

Looking at the "Setting sound board Levels" document I tried to set them
up as shown, no help.  However I noticed that none of the windows had a
title like "MASTER OUT" or "WAVE INPUT"  Just "volume control"  And I
can't set the Properties as shown to the mixer device "Windows sound
System mixer" It defaults to my sb mixer <underline>ESS audio drive
mixer</underline>.

I want to use writelog CW for WPX .  Any suggestions?

Fritz Schewe  "AD6G"

PO Box 1009

Gualala, CA  95445