[WriteLog] DVK white noise

Bradley Nowak bnowak@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:08:21 -0500

I too am trying to set-up writelog for ss phone.  I noticed that the
quantization used in recording seems to have a drastic effect.  I found PCM
11K 16bit mono had a very natural clean sound with MUCH lower hiss than 8K
8Bit.  I am only using the built in sound recording under Win98 and havn't
tried any other multi-media programs which may offer add'l improvement.

FWIW,
Brad - N8SNM