[WriteLog] HyGain DCU-1 Control

Jeff Davis j.r.davis@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:01:59 -0600

I've been attempting to use my HyGain DCU-1 rotator control with the new
"Antenna to this Azimuth" commands in Writelog V.20 and V.21, without
success. This same DCU-1 works successfully with DX4WIN and also manually
from a terminal emulator program.

In attempting to debug the problem, I connected a terminal emulator program
in place of the DCU-1 and observed the output from Writelog. When WL
attempts to command a rotation to 45 degrees, it sends the following string:

AP1045<CR>

This string appears to be missing the terminating semicolon that (according
to my DCU-1 documentation) is required. In other words, the command string
SHOULD look like

AP1045;<CR>

This is the string that DX4WIN sends, and that I send manually. It works.

I should point out that above is insufficient to cause the rotator to
actually turn to the commanded bearing. All that the above command
accomplishes is to set the target bearing to 45 degrees. In order to cause
the rotator to activate, a second command is required:

AM1;<CR>

So in order for Writelog to actually command a bearing of 45 degrees, and
start the rotator turning, the following string is required:

AP1045;<CR>
AM1;<CR>

Hope this helps. Any chance of getting this fixed prior to CQWW??

Jeff N0DY