[WriteLog] SS Serial Numbers

George Skoubis gaskoub@mhtc.net
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:22:36 -0600

I too had the duplicate serial number problem.  It happened when using the
search & pounce memories, then using alt-w to clear the callbox, the program
would assign the last qso number again.  I was dumb and didn't notice until
after the contest... don't know what happens when this is turned in for
score...
  I had no 21, two 22's and no 23... everything seemed to work fine when I
stopped using the s & p memories...

George / KF9YR
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-writelog@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-writelog@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Marty Tippin
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2000 9:59 PM
To: Michael Joens; writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SS Serial Numbers

I'm seeing the same thing - fortunately I caught it before sending the
duplicate serial numbers. Could be disastrous though if you miss it!  Not
sure what the problem is or who to fix it but it's a serious bug in the
program.

I always use ALT+W to clear the QSO entry window and would have expected
that to fix the problem. The time I noticed it the most seemed to be right
after I used the S&P Memories feature to QSY to a popular station (VY1JA of
all things) and nearly gave him the wrong serial number...

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com