[WriteLog] SS Serial Numbers

George Skoubis gaskoub@mhtc.net
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:46:13 -0600

I was using Version 10.19, I left the serial numbers alone and sent the same
numbers the program gave me (I was using the soundcard voice keyer and
didn't notice until it was too late).  The score window showed the correct
number of qso's but the voice keyer used the number inserted in the log.
Since I wanted to keep using the voice keyer and not invalidate qso's I had
given out before I noticed I didn't try to correct anything when I finally
did notice.
  This problem only happened when I used the S&P memories, Alt-W
combination, I noticed the second time and started a new log to confirm this
(I missed about 30 minutes of operating doing this, but my wife was on the
phone so transmitting was verboten anyways!).  This was easily solved by not
using the S&P memories...
  I downloaded and installed the 10.21 version last night, I don't install a
new version of any software right before a contest (I'm a programmer and
have been called in the middle of the night after some of my updates, so I'm
not "Dissing" Wayne, I'm just cautious...), from the sounds of it being
cautious was unnecessary this time and those of you who used the newest
version didn't have the same problem.
  This was the first time I used the voice keyer in a contest (just got
around to grounding the computer case and installing audio isolation
transformers).
  Wayne this feature is AWESOME!!!!, I'm going to send a note to the SMC
(Society of Midwest Contesters) reflector and let all those CT and TR guys
know how they can save their voices and throats some Monday morning
misery...
Thanks again for a great program...
George / KF9YR