[WriteLog] Slow CW decoding

Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:03:09 -0600

In setting up for a M/S this weekend, I dragged my old
computer out of the construction dust and have been working
on getting it set up and networked to my main computer.

I have almost everything going, except the CW decoding is
super-slow, such that it isn't useful at all.  When I turn
off the rig's power switch, it's 7 seconds until the
spectral display finally catches up.  Same thing when I turn
on the radio...about 7 seconds until the spectral display
wakes up.

The computer is a 166MHz Cyrix.  Is this too slow?
I've tried setting the soundcard mode to mono to reduce the
strain, but I get absolutely no spectral display.  Putting
it back on stereo makes it come alive, but super slow.

No other applications are running.  Almost no Writelog windows
are open.  No change in speed.

Suggestions?

TIA,
Chad WE9V