[WriteLog] DK5AD TNX help "Interfacing OMNI VI"

Knut Baczko knut.baczko@t-online.de
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:53:26 +0100

Hello,
would like to thank everybody for the suggestions.
The solution came from N5NA:

> You may also try the IC765 setting.  I have been using that setting and it
> works as well.  You'll need to set the Omni address to 44 if you use this
> one.
This works fine, with the baudrate set to 4800 and not automatic
and will be of great help, because now I can use the bandmap.

> I am using an Omni VI+.  Try setting the baud rate to the rate set on the
> radio.  I tried mine on auto and it didn't work either but works fine on
> 4800 baud.  Also, make sure you have the address set to 4.
This does not work!
BTW I am not sure what exactly the "OMNI VI" is in WL. Is it the (old) OMNI VI
or the OMNI VI plus?
See you in the WWDX CW next weekend as OE2BZL!
73 Knut DK5AD