[WriteLog] Suggestions

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 01:41:19 -0500 (EST)

Playing with WL for the first time here from home.  Few notes...

1) Tab should go from call to zone, back to call, then RST, then
zone.  It should cycle.  As it is, it goes to end of line.  Why would I
ever want to edit a country?

2) Why am I forced to tab for the country and zone to be filled in.  It's
just another 3000 extra keystrokes that could be eliminated.

3) Check call window:  Why say "New Country" ???  Leave it blank if it is
new.  It will stand out as needed more if you do.

4) Love the mult check window.  Would like to have multiple instances of
it with different continents.

5) Love the rate meter.  Always wanted a rate meter that changed with time
and not QSO's.

6) This is probably a RTFM comment...  Why does it come up and say to
save the log after every 20 QSOs?  Why doesn't it save it after every QSO
for me?  I'll read some on this tomorrow.

7) No support of LPT keying under Win2K.  Problem.  Probably MS's fault.

All in all.. pretty OK.  I'll play around some more tomorrow night if I
have time.

73

Bill