[WriteLog] date format and other problems

MorseCode2000 k1uq@email.msn.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:08:57 -0500

Bruce,

I too am a former user of CT.  I won't go back to CT (unless at a m/m, field
day, etc where I have no choice).

As long as I have a choice and I can make the decision, it will NOT be CT,
and WILL be WriteLog for contesting (not general logging).

WriteLog is far superior to CT in too many ways.

Your comment about date may or may not be possible in WL, but for log
viewing & QSLing, you have option to export/import to something which will
give you exactly what you want.

No software tool will give you everything you dream of (oh how I wish!!), so
you must come to grips with what you want versus don't want... like buying a
car.

I'm a new WL user (purchased at 10.20B) currently running 10.21K (you should
update).  I do not suffer from much of what is posted.

In my opinion, this product is stable... and I judge this by:
It hasn't locked-up, hasn't crashed, does what it should (maybe not to my
liking, but that's not the issue here), etc.

My experiences in the past often show the software "bugs" turn out to be a
function of hardware limitations.  New software running on outdated,
compromised, limited hardware with insufficient resources (RAM, GUI, Graphic
cards, bus speeds, etc.)  and is NOT due to the software.

You may therefore expect to see a number of posts on various software
reflectors (and you certainly do here!) as users try to configure their
hardware to their software.

A rule of thumb is often heard which says:  Select your software first, then
acquire the hardware to appropriately run the software.

As for a "work in progress" - I SURE HOPE SO!  Otherwise how can it evolve?
If there is no work in progress, it too may become a DOS dinosaur!!

Bill  K1UQ