[WriteLog] regarding INI options

Jon Suehiro nn5t@attglobal.net
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:03:15 -0000

For the best to WL entry user, I suggest to put all know-how's known to the
WL group into the initial writelog.ini file and "rem" them out.   This
should be much easier (just release "rem" one by one, maybe attached hints
with also more "rem"s as well) than trying to figure out from nothing.

RTFM, but not too many people does have time to go through the heavy
instruction.   We should be able to go through a couple pages of text file
to figure out reasonably complicated software.

73 Jon nn5t@arrl.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-writelog@contesting.com [mailto:owner-writelog@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of W. Wright, W5XD
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 6:21 PM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] regarding INI options

The reason WL is still primitive in this area is that I haven't gotten
around to fixing it yet. It most definitely is NOT because I haven't been
told.The first email K5ZD sent me on this topic was at least 3 or 4 years
ago.

What I have chosen to do instead is add features. Currently at the the top
of the list are things like: the band map doesn't show band edges and makes
it too easy to click on a spot and operate out of band, the call correction
feature behind the "+" key handling need to have an option to disable it,
the band map window won't stay put on the screen properly, the "follow me"
option in the packet spot window doesn't work right, etc. etc. etc.

One of the "rules of the game" in WriteLog development is that I am the one
that decides how I spend my time. There have been very generous offers to
take over the decision making processing from me, and I considered them but
ultimately declined because WL development remains a part time, "fun"
activity for me. I get told what to do at my real job.

Is anybody operating WW this weekend? I got home from Turkey-day with my
parents, turned on the radio, but checked my email before putting on the
headphones. What a mistake!

Wayne, W5XD