[WriteLog] Packet Problem

John Lindmeier lindmeie@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:27:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ric,

I'm not totally convinced that this is a packet problem.  I had the packet
spot window open and watched the operation of the system.  Things happened
very quickly so its hard to get a firm definition of the problem.

Several times, I noticed that the RST field in the entry window changed from
599 to 59.  This lasted only for a second or less.  If you should log a QSO
at this time (and I did about 6 times), the QSO is marked bad with zero
points.

The problem seemed to happen when a voice packet spot was shown.  I saw this
happen once.  Again, it happens very fast.  I have a feeling that the
problem is not packet related but something related to the TS570 and
Writelog.

I got a reply from K4BEV who has the same problem with a TS570 and Writelog
as well as TRlog.  So, the problem may be related to the radio and not the
program.  I ran the TS570 and Writelog for about 2 hours during the CW SS
contest and never noticed the problem then.  K4BEV said that his problem
only occurs during a CW contest and not a phone contest.

I guess I will have to keep investigating.

73's - John - WA3KPP