[WriteLog] RIGBLASTER and DVK

Randy Thompson, K5ZD k5zd@ma.ultranet.com
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 23:44:36 -0000

I think there is some confusion here.  You can use any microphone that you
want.

I use my Heil headset with WriteLog for phone contesting.  It goes from the
Heil microphone, through a 1:1 isolation transformer, into the sound card
input.  The sound card output goes through another 1:1 isolation
transformer, into the radio microphone input.

[The 1:1 transformers are just there to eliminate any ground loops that may
cause hum.]

I run the radio with VOX.  For SSB contesting, WriteLog routes the sound
card input directly to the sound card output (except when playing a recorded
message).

This is all really very simple.  The only "difficult" part is getting the
levels set correctly on the sound input/output so that it provides equal
levels for recorded and live transmission.

Randy, K5ZD