[WriteLog] Scott's WriteLog Webpage

Eric Pearson epearson@ezylink.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:23:49 -0700

At 04:47 PM 10/18/00 , W0AH@aol.com wrote:
>I access the Sound Recorder on Windows 98 by going to
>Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Sound Recorder.
>Using either the built in laptop mic or an outboard mic I must click the
>circle red  to record, immediately say the letter or numeral, and immediately
>click the black square to stop recording.  Every multisecond that the sound
>recorder is recording before and after you say the letter/numeral adds those
>multiseconds to the spacing between characters in the call.

Don't worry about turning the recorder on and off quickly.  Just make a
good recording and trim the excess off when you are done.  Using Sound
Recorder just position the slider at the start or finish of the part you
want to keep and then use "Edit/Delete Before Current Position" and
"Edit/Delete After Current Position" to trim off the dead air.

Eric - K6EP