[WriteLog] Scott's WriteLog Webpage

W0AH@aol.com W0AH@aol.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:21:57 EDT

Thanks to several of you for the suggestion of "Delete Before or After
Current Position."
I've reduced the length of each character from about .7 to about .33 seconds,
and the %C is now about as fast as my normal contest talk.  Doesn't sound
quite as natural, but it's effective.
At this point, having recorded all the letters/numerals and 8 messages, I
think I could actually operate the contest without the mic- just using key
strokes!  Pretty neat!
I'm using an Icom 706 which has two mic inputs- one in front and one in back.
 My Heil Pro is connected in the back, and my computer is interfaced to the
front. The Soundblaster DVR seems to work OK in VOX mode.  Would there be any
reason to interface the rig for PTT?
Does Writelog support Soundblaster generated CW.  I haven't had time to think
about CW yet (or read that part of the documentation), but plan to operate
several CW contests later this fall.
Doug  W0AH   soon to be XE3/W0AH