[WriteLog] NetBEUI?

Gerry Hull windev@inetmarket.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:42:57 -0400

FWIW,

Actually, WriteLog uses NetDDE, which is layered on NetBEUI.  On Windows
95B and all other versions, NetBUEI is transported via TCP/IP, so there is
no need to support NetBUEI as a seperate protocol; in fact, you'll see in
your Network dialog box that you cannot enable "NetBEUI over TCP/IP", it's
already enabled and greyed out.  In other words, NetBUEI is transported on
top of TCP/IP.  Exposing the NetBUEI ports to the internet is a bad thing.

73,

-Gerry, W1VE