[WriteLog] solved: Writelog 10.19 windows 2000 problems one way network

Frank Grossmann frank@grossmann.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:52:20 +0200

de A6/DL2CC

Hello Wayne, thanks for coming back personally, thanks to the others who
replied.

I read both, help file and the support topic on the website intensively and
spent a while trying to figure out what's happening.

I think it might have to do with an incorrect setup of the dde shares. I
used 10.11 I believe to set it up on this computer and then downloaded the
update to 10.19.

As said in my original question, I could notaccess the ddeshare properties
for the WLOG* shares at all.

When I went into ddeshare, I could not even Delete the two WLOG* dde shares.
I get "accessing registry dde information failed".

So what I did : I went into the registry, deleted those WLOG* shares in the
registry and rerun the 10.19 update to see if they were recreated...

And yes, they were, networking worked!

Thanks!

73, see you all on the weekend
Frank A61AJ/DL2CC

P.S.: the keys are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NetDDE\DDE
Shares