[WriteLog] COM Ports

Roger Marrotte @ Mediaone marrotte@mediaone.net
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:58:06 -0400

I'm new to writelog.  I bought it a few days ago.  My problem is that I have
and use 6 com ports on my computer but writelog seems to support only four
com ports.  How come?  I really really want to use com5 or com 6 with
writelog to send cw to my rig.  I can't use the parallel ports on my
computer because I'm running Windows 2000.  How come?  I read the blurb in
the help file about why I can't use the parallel ports while running Windows
2000 but I'm not sure why there is this limitation in this fine program.  I
hope this is fixed soon.  I had a perfectly good parallel port circuit made
up that I used with CT but now can't use it with writelog.  The good news is
that I made up a serial port circuit today and it works (I tried it on com2)
but I can't leave it there.  My next task will be to get writelog to operate
my rig (TS-870S) in FSK mode.  I'm having fun with the new program and have
high hopes for it in the contest coming up this fall and winter.  Hopefully
I'll get all the ports hooked up and all modes working.  One last thing,
while I was fooling around with CW mode and was trying to get the settings
correct to have the program key my rig, the program died two or three times
saying something about errors and a error log being generated.  Anyone else
ever see this?

73, Roger, W1EM