[WriteLog] WINDOWS ME and WL

Larry Lindblom w0etc@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:56:20 +0000

One sideline issues with Win ME is it cannot be booted or restarted in DOS
mode.  This "feature" allows Win ME to boot faster than Win 98.

This is not an issue for WL but for those using any DOS based software (and
we have some at work) this appears to be a problem.  But having tested a
beta release of Win ME at work there is a way to get into DOS mode.  The
method is to create a start up disk and boot from it.

I never installed the beta at home so I cannot speak to any WL issues.

73 W0ETC

web master for WWW.DIA-HFD.state.ia.us