[WriteLog] QTC's in WriteLog SSB

Scot Herrick sherrick@ameritech.net
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:24:29 -0000

All,

While doing the WAE SSB contest this last weekend, I started to use UTC's,
but ended up doing them way more manual than I anticipated. I assume that I
am not working the program the way it was designed. So looking for a little
user help.

In the Help section I was able to get the UTC's assigned via ALT-S and could
see the initial 10 QTC's to send. I could also see (and work) the ability to
automatically send them on CW and through the sound card (did not have the
sound card working correctly and don't like my .WAV files so did not want to
send them automatically...).

BUT, I could not figure out how to have Writelog log the initial ten
stations, then for the NEXT QTC series to send have it give back to me the
NEXT ten to give out and to subsequently log them. So I got the QTC number
from Writelog, gave out QTC's by reading my log (QSO's 1-10, then the next
series 11-20...17 QTC's in total) and then clicked OK on the QTC screen to
show the QTC number against the station I gave the series to in the
exchange. I am sure somewhere there is a log of the QTC's sent and I am
pretty sure that the same (or none) of the QTC stations in that log match
what I gave out (scorers will love this!).

Second, how do you give out QTC's to stations you have already worked but
had no QTC to give them at the time? I had a bunch ask me and I would have
gladly obliged but I was clueless on this type of operation.

Even us veterans can still learn a few old tricks! Thanks in advance...

CU...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com
www.k9jy.com