[WriteLog] Problem with Windows 2000 Networking

Barry F. Devine k1bfd@iname.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:47:53 -0400

I just purchased WriteLog and am experimenting prior to using it in a
contest. I can't seem to get a Windows 2000 workstations to network. I
have enabled NetBEUI, and set Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM to
Automatic so they start at boot. Both machines have TCPIP enabled and
communicate fine with each other. Problem is that WriteLog doesn't see
either computer from either computer. I followed the instructions in the
help file, and tried making both machines the server (at separate times
of course). I understand networking (I am a Network Engineer), and tried
all the obvious things. Still no luck. No problem getting two Windows 98
machines to work, but as soon as I add a W2K node, it fails. Has anyone
got Windows 2000 to network to another Windows 2000 or Windows 98
machine? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh, I am running
W2K Pro (not Server).

73's - Barry (K1BFD)