[WriteLog] Packet spots window question

Don Hill aa5au@msn.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:53:00 -0500

Leonard et al,

I see you didn't get any replies on the reflector.  You can get only RTTY
spots on your Packetspots window using WriteLog in conjunction with
DX-Telnet by IK4VYX.  With this combination, you can use the filter in
DX-Telnet to filter everything out except for areas like 14060-14120,
21060-21150, etc.

You have to go out and find DX-Telnet, download and send money to
IK4VYX.  It's not much $, but it's well worth it.  Now with a utility called
UDPSEND by IK4VYX, you can send and receive spots to DX-Telnet
on networked PC's.

I have used this setup for most of the previous contests this year and it
works great.  I didn't use it this weekend because it's not allowed for
single ops.  I did go back this morning and look at the spots on DX Summit
to see what I missed.  To my surprise, it looks like I didn't miss much.
I don't know if the packetcluster would have helped me that much this weekend.
I think it would have been a distraction because I was in my own little zone
(and not zone 4). hi  Wow, it was just incredible.  Even though conditions were
great last year, I think they were even better this years.

Anyway, this is the only way I know of to do what you want.

73, Don AA5AU