[WriteLog] CQ-WE template for WriteLog?

Tom Kenny nj2dx@adelphia.net
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:18:05 -0400

Folks,

There is a little known contest (more like a QSO party) of employees of the
old (telephone) Bell System known as CQ-WE (Western Electric).

I was wondering if any body knows of any one that has used WriteLog to log
this contest. The exchange is pretty simple:

CW/RTTY: CallSign RST Name LocationCode
SSB: CallSign Name LocationCode

However, the scoring is very complex. This contest is multi-mode so some
modes are worth more then others. To make it even more complex working
Novice/Tech and retirees earn higher points as well. The main multiplier is
the LocationCode for which there is a published list. They basically are
codes for all the various work locations around the world (but mostly the
US).

My thinking is I could probably use WriteLog to log the contest and then
write a separate program to score it and generate a report for log
submission. I've never created a new type of contest in WriteLog so I'm not
sure to what extent I'll be able to score.

Also of interest may be the Telephone Pioneers QSO party as well.

If you are an old Bell System employee or retiree and want more info on
CQ-WE please see http://members.aol.com/PJCirillo/cq-we.html

Thanks in advance for any advise on how I may be able to use WriteLog to
log/score this event.

73, Tom NJ2DX