[WriteLog] CROSSHAIRS???

Ron Stone, Vine Antennas vine@csma-netlink.co.uk
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:04:16 +0100

In message <000f01c0bb77$216bf740$0201a8c0@wa9als>, WA9ALS - John
<wa9als@starband.net> writes

>> WHAT IN THE WORLD IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT (CROSSHAIR TUNING)??? IS
>> THIS THE CROSSED BANANAS OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING COMPLETELY?
>> TNX,
>> DON-WN1OTV
>
>This has indeed been a confusing thread.  It started with someone
>wanting a spectral display, which we already have.  Then at least half
>the subsequent posts seem to be referring to a WATERFALL type of
>display.  I think some people want a waterfall, but I don't think it's
>necessary given the present spectral display...??

Confusing not...

Try the "Tuning indicator and Audio snapshot" in the set of icons on the
start-up menu within the Writelog suite. You will get a crosshairs
display,,, ie a perfect + (not crossed cigars) on a big fat signal.

If you run RittyRite and use the RTTY tuning indicator you get the
crossed cigars.

So far nobody has suggested how you get the crosshairs with RttyRite on
the screen, which the original posting was about.

73

Ron

>--
>WWW:                      http://www.writelog.com/
>Submissions:              writelog@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  writelog-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-writelog@contesting.com

Check out these new products -- INRAD Filters and Prosistel Rotators.
See our site http://www.vinecom.co.uk

Ron Stone,
Vine Antenna Products,
The Vine,