[WriteLog] What Have I missed

Jim Smith jimsmith@home.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 01:51:40 -0700

Allan

I too was wondering why all the contest scores here.  Sure glad you
asked before I did. <g>  I routinely post my contests scores on the 3830
reflector and as a recent subscriber to this list, it seemed odd to see
others posting them here.  I thought it might be an RTTY tradition.
Glad it's not.

Dave

I have a theory as to why there is so much RTTY content here.  I use
Logic 5 for general purpose logging and TRLog for contesting.  When I
got into RTTY recently I started with MMTTY but the logging facility
didn't have what I needed for RTTY contesting and TRLog isn't really
suitable for RTTY.  So I bought WriteLog.  I suspect that a lot of other
people here bought WL for much the same reason and use something else
for CW/SSB contesting.  Hence the RTTY bias.

I am sure, though, that if you ask specific questions about WL you will
get answers here.  As far as contest score posts are concerned I would
hope that we won't see them here anymore as the 3830 reflector has been
established for precisely that purpose.

Here's how to do it.

Check out their archives at http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/.

To post a score for a major contest go to
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

If your contest isn't listed there, e-mail your summary sheet to
3830@contesting.com.  To see scores, including lists of standings for
the bigger contests, you can subscribe to
http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/ or just go there to view the archives
if you don't want 200 e-mails the day after a biggie.

My apologies to those for whom this is old news.  However, I didn't know
about it until someone told me.  Heck, it was only a week ago that I
found out why it is called 3830

Hope this is of some use.  73

Jim Smith	VE7FO