[WriteLog] Rttyrite settings

JDY18@aol.com JDY18@aol.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:47:59 EDT

When I operated the ARRL RTTY contest using WL I had a problem because my
radio would stay in transmit for a second or two after all the characters had
been sent. The other station would often send my call before I was back in
receive. Now that I have had a chance to study some of the WL help screens, I
see that there are settings for the .ini file that control the amount of time
that the dumb terminal will hold PTT at the end of a transmission.
(PTT_END_HOLD=X and PTT_BEGIN_HOLD=x.) Right now there are no settings for
this in my .ini file. So, will adding this setting to the .ini file help with
this problem? Does anyone know the program's default setting (I assume there
is such a thing since there are no settings now in my .ini file), and what's
a good setting to avoid hanging up in transmit?

73 de Jay/W2KD