[WriteLog] What Have I missed

Jim Brannigan jbrannig@optonline.net
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:05:16 -0400

Another Linksys fan.......

I'm going to set up the laptop with a CAT5 cable and do a "proof of concept"
sitting next to the "rig" computer........
FCC concerns would make an interesting discussion.......

More thots....audio would be nice and I thot about UHF links with a handheld
but.....
the kids use AIM instant messenger...why not use IM in full duplex?  connect
the "rig" box to the radio thru the sound card and set the VOX on? That
takes care of SSB.....I don't like CW with a keyboard, but that would be the
way to go.....Hmmmmmmm

I need to do some major rewiring to get the sound card hooked up to the
radio....

Jim
PS are you two way with the satellite or up on a fone line and down linked
via satellite?