[WriteLog] Failed to start recording loop

Carsten Steinhöfel carsten.steinhoefel@web.de
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 00:47:27 -0000

Hi there,

After not using the sound features of Writelog for a while
and a few updates, I now wanted to set wl up for the EA
RTTY contest to try some receiving.

When I open Tools->SoundBoard Options and try to "enable
recording loop", I get the error message: "Failed to start
recording loop - Soundcard in use?"

Computer is a Dell Inspiron 3500 Notebook with a Neomagic
Magic Media 256AV and Windows 2000 SP1 and WL 10.25N

I selected Windows Soundboard as DVK in port setup.

Recording WAV-Files from the radio with Windows Sound
Recorder works. Playing sounds in Windows works.

SBCheck reports score 7F.

Enabling/Disabling "Echo Mic" works (Although audio is
connected to Line-In!).

I can adjust output volume in WL sound mixer with Mic Echo
enabled, but adjusting receive level has no effect. I
cannot disable any of the radios in WL sound mixer.

Maybe someone can see what I am doing wrong. It has worked
before.

Any help would be appreciated.

vy 73 Carsten DL1EFD