[WriteLog] MIC, WAV mute problem

AD6E@aol.com AD6E@aol.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:52:12 EDT

I've been having this problem since 10.16. If you know about this one, please
let me know. It sounds like something simple, but I can't get rid of it.

If I bring up WL for an SSB test, the voice keyer will not work. Bring up the
Windows volume control (VC) and discover that the WAV and/or MIC inputs to
the mixer are muted. Un-mute both and it now works fine. Close the VC window
and re-open it to find no mutes... its OK.  Next time I hit F2 (or any other
message), the voice keyer fails again. Bring back up the volume control and
find the same WAV/MIC mute is again active.

The only way I can operate SSB is with the volume control window running in
the background. Then these mutes don't happen while running WL. Why does WL
mute these functions if VC is closed? This happens on at least three
different computers including my laptop. Win98SE in all cases. I havn't had
time to do research in the archives for this.

I'm a DOS sort of person so I only run one thing at a time. See y'all in WPX
CW when I try SO2R for the first time (snicker)

Thanks & 73,
Al  AD6E