[WriteLog] Early soundcard survey results

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:14:30 -0500

See http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/sound_results.htm

With Easter today, I haven't had much time to work on this, but here's a few
early returns, all for Creative cards.  I have put up what I was given, and
a few questions are apparent already.

How many "Soundblaster Live" cards are there?  I've heard about SB Live, SB
Live Digital, and SB Live Value so far!  They are not all the same, because
"Live" and "Live Value Digital" both got only 7b, whereas the "Live Digital"
got a 7f, all in Dell Dimension 4000-series machines!  These observations
underscore the futility of posts like "My SB Live card works fine with
Writelog"!  HI

Keep 'em coming and please add all the detail you can find, especially for
the model name/number.  I have heard about some other manufacturer's cards
and will try to add them ASAP.

Surely this will be a useful archive as it grows!  73 - John (WA9ALS)