[WriteLog] Re: Packet in WL

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:41:37 -0500

Hi Erik,

Glad it's working. The Single Operator function allows you to post spots
during the contest but not receive any spots so you can operate as a Single
Operator rather than Single Operator Assisted. So, for how you set it up, it
was working perfectly!

I haven't done much thought about having a download file available, like an
Adobe file. I change the site too often - and right now it's about 3MB big
and getting bigger which will cause some interesting file size problems with
ISP's. So at this point, no plans to do so.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See the complete WriteLog user guide at http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-writelog@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-writelog@contesting.com]On Behalf Of erik.hyllander
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 11:54 AM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Packet in WL

Hi everybody,
coming back to my question posted yesterday about spots not being grabbed,

K9JY/Scott: Thanks for answering! Yes, I have the WL Packet Window open (not
Hyperlink) and as the KAM is on COM2 this is checked in File. Also the
ini-file has got the right settings for COM2. But I came to think of
something else. As I'm the only one working the station I marked Single
Operator in Edit and when I happened to remove this the selection window
(grab window) worked. Without really under-standing that, this seems to
influence on the function. So I guess this snatch is solved.

I have been looking at your user guide and think it is very useful. One
question: is there a possibility to download it as a pdf-file or something?

73 Erik
Erik Hyllander, SM0LZT
packet: SM0LZT@SK0MK
E-mail: sm0lzt@svessa.se