[WriteLog] MMTTY Plug-in - Alt-K problems

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:28:41 -0500

I've not used the MMTTY option with AFSK, but have used
it and still using it on FSK and I do not see anything erratic with
the ALT-K function on my Win95 machine which I've used to
beta test the combo last couple of weeks.

I will say this -- I do get RF into my FSK line when running more
than 100 watts and it causes my rig to transmit only the space tone
but it has nothing to do with Writelog or MMTTY.  It only happens
on the FSK line I have coming from the COM port and not from
my PK232 FSK line even though they are in parallel and despite
using ferrite rods on each line.  I can run 500 watts out when keyed
FSK from the PK232 with no problems despite the antenna being
only 60 feet directly over the shack.  Still working on this.

I have only one interface for a COM port FSK connection, but
I will move it to my Win98se machine tonight and test the ALT-K
function on this machine.

But Alt-K has worked smoothly each and every time on MMTTY
in FSK within WriteLog that I've seen here (running low power).

I'll post the results later this evening on what I get from the Win98se
machine since I have an open COM port there.

73, Don AA5AU