[WriteLog] new user...

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:51:30 -0000

Hi Mike,

The good news is that the CW decoder is decoding! Usually when all you get
are e's it means that the decoder is not in the speed range of the received
signals or the code you are listening to is not as close to being 'machine'
sent as the decoder likes.

There are a couple of items. First, right click on the CW decoder window and
select the setup option. You will see a speed range on the left hand side.
If your low end is 25 WPM and the code you are listening to is 15 WPM,
you'll get e's. So make sure the range is something that you are listening
to on the bands. Remember, the wider the speed range, the more PC resources
it takes to decode them. For contests, I have mine set between 25 WPM and 40
WPM.

Second, since the decoder is designed for machine-like code (from
preprogrammed messages), program one of your function keys to send a message
and send it within the speed range. It will decode on the CW decoder.

Hope this helps.

CU...Scot, K9JY (not just a RTTY contest program ;) )

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com