[WriteLog] Working dupes

John E Bastin jbastin@sssnet.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:40:44 -0400

At 18:48 +0100 08/03/2001, Clive Whelan wrote:
>Why won't WL allow me to work dupes?
>
>e.g. with F10 set to say %C 5NN%3, the prog will only send the
>call from the entry window, and then halts. I don't understand,
>as there is no %B dupecheck in there. I certainly don't want to
>refuse to work dupes in run mode, as it causes too much trouble,
>and causes time consuming arguments.
>
>A work around is to programme the message as %C %B5NN%3%B 5NN%3,
>but this seems convoluted and unnecessary. There has to be a
>better way surely?

I had the same problem in the IARU HF WC, which surprised me because I had deliberately NOT used %B anywhere since I remembered reading somethere in the docs that the program wouldn't even allow you to LOG a dupe if you used that function.

I didn't have time to try to find a fix during the contest, so I just wound up sending the rest of the exchange by hand using my keyer each time it happened (thankfully not very often - I had 8 dupes in 676 QSOs in the contest). It would be nice to know if there IS a fix, though, so I don't have to deal with that problem the next time.

J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
    http://www.geocities.com/~tarquin