[WriteLog] Working dupes

Barry w2up@mindspring.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:47:14 -0400

On 6 Aug 01, at 10:25, Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 wrote:

> > Why won't WL allow me to work dupes?
> >
> > e.g. with F10 set to say %C 5NN%3, the prog will only send the call
> > from the entry window, and then halts. I don't understand, as there
> > is no %B dupecheck in there. I certainly don't want to refuse to
> > work dupes in run mode, as it causes too much trouble, and causes
> > time consuming arguments.
> >
> > A work around is to programme the message as %C %B5NN%3%B 5NN%3, but
> > this seems convoluted and unnecessary. There has to be a better way
> > surely?
> >

> Clive,
>
> What you found as a "work around" is actually as Wayne
> intended for it to work, thus not a work around.
>
> In this way, you can send one type of message to a dupe
> and the exchange to a non-dupe, such as:
> %C %BQSO B4%B5nn %3
>
> Unfortunately, as you figured out, if you want it to send
> the same message, it does seem unnecessary.
>
> Maybe a good thing to for Wayne to do is if there is no
> %B%B in the message to assume you want to work the dupe and
> send the remainder of the message.  If there is a %B%B in
> the message, do as he does now.
>
> How does that sound to everybody?
>
> Chad WE9V

I vote for leaving it alone. When you read the docs and see how
%B works, you know what to do. It's a one-time learning
experience. Also, when S&P'ing, it's an added protection to keep
you from calling a dupe. Suppose you enter a call, and don't see
the dupe notice. You hit F4 to call (or whichever buffer contains
your call) and nothing is sent.
Barry