[WriteLog] how do you handle scoring when you work a dupe?

FireBrick FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:10:07 -0500

I agree that it's simpler to work a dupe than to discuss when and where.

But how do you handle the scoring problem it creates.
Say you log w1xx at the beginning of a contest. That's what you printed and
you thought you had a legal contact.

Later w1xx calls you on the same band.
Your log shows it a dupe but you work him anyway.
The log now shows THAT qso as a dupe and awards no points.

what should you do, go back to the first qso you THOUGHT you had with that
station and mark THAT qso as no points?
This is the most logical to me but just curious as what others think because
actually isn't that post contest log manipulation?

If you get them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com