[WriteLog] Alt-T

Dick Green dick.green@valley.net
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:06:00 -0400

| If I'm running, I would prefer that the auto-CQ stop when I click on a
| callsign.  The way it is, I click on a call, and about the time (but
before)
| I hit the key to send the exchange, the auto CQ starts and I have to abort
| it with ESC and then send the exchange.  Any better way to handle this?  I
| usually just try to hit alt-T to stop the auto CQ when I hear someone
| calling, and THEN hit the exchange.  This is obviously only an issue when
| this are slowish and you're auto-cqing.

I like the way ALT-T works for CW. I don't do RTTY contesting, but if it
doesn't stop the auto-CQ when you click on a call (which I'm guessing copies
the call into the entry window), then I would consider that a bug. As far as
I know, the intention is that as soon as characters appear in the entry
window, the CQ should stop. I believe a fix was recently made to make sure
that happens in other modes.

73, Dick WC1M