[WriteLog] interface with RITTY

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:24:36 -0500

> I am listening weak ES7AAZ using WL on 14085 and comparing RITTY vs. MMTTY
> vs. PK232mbx right now and RITTY is much better on weak signal with qsb
than
> MMTTY.Soundcard is AWE64.And yes, RITTY now works with Writelog also in
> WinME!
>
> 73, David

I have several comments - please take constructively:

1.  If someone posts MMTTY comparisons, comments like "much better" don't
help at all without further specifics.  For example, which MMTY demodulator
profile was being used - Fluttered signal IIR?  Standard RTTY?  Multipath?
These settings make HUGE differences, so they have to be included in any
comparison posts.

2.  These posts would better be to the RTTY and/or the MMTTY reflectors to
spare our SSB and CW Writelog friends the bandwidth.