[WriteLog] Perplexing problem

Dan Levin djl@andlev.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:24:20 -0700

Guys,

I just set up my SO2R rig to test before NAQP SSB.  It worked fine when I
took it apart a couple of months ago.  I have a very perplexing problem...

Everything works fine, except for using the computer as a voice keyer.

I use a W5XD+ keyer to control the headphones.
I use a box of my own design to control the PTT and mic switching.
My mic is run through the computer, of course.

As I said, everything works fine except the voice keyer.  I can key and use
the mic, audio sounds great.  When I use the voice keyer, it keys the right
rig, but there is no audio, only garbage.  And very soft garbage at that.
Almost sounds like static.

Any ideas?  It must be something stupid, but I can't think of what.  The mic
goes through the computer to get to the radios using exactly the same path
as the voice keyer does...

Yours in confusion,

            ***dan, K6IF