[WriteLog] Auto CQ doesn't STOP

Riho Bergmann, ES7AAZ es7aaz@mail.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:48:36 +0200

>> To stop the auto CQ in RTTY mode, I pressed the ESC key when I got a
>> response back to a CQ. Typing something (or deleting something) while in
the
>> Call Entry window also stopped the auto CQ.
>>
>> CU...Scot, K9JY

> I used to think I had to hit ALT-T to stop the auto-CQ.  However, if you hit
> the ESC key, the auto-cq function DOES "stop".  However, the words AUTO CQ
> still appear down in the right-hand corner, and it will resume the next time
> you hit the indicated function key, e.g. F11.  This is a good thing once
> it's understood.

> I would like for it to behave the same way when a callsign is clicked to put
> it in the ENTRY window.  The way it is now, the auto-cq continues even with
> a callsign -clicked- into the entry window from the RTTY window.  This can
> result in a CQ going out right when you don't want it to.  If you -type- a
> callsign into the ENTRY window, the auto-CQ stops, so why not when you click
> one in there?  Please consider Wayne?  Tnx

Yes, U are absolutely right Scot but... that's not the problem
in RTTY mode as mentioned by John (WA9ALS).It makes no sense
to hit the ESC while 99% is done using mouse. I'd like to see
(likely most of RTTY users) a note in revision history as
"Clicking any callsign in RTTY window stops any Auto-CQ in progress'.

73's de ES7AAZ

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup