[WriteLog] File conversion

Seymour Miller k2xf@nycap.rr.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 13:33:30 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C17A6C.C3F5B140

The Problem:

Recently purchased Writelog in time for the CQWW DX CW contest.

Great software. Surpasses other contest software that I have used.

Now I need a method to convert any output from Writelog to a dbase III =
file.

Background:

Have been using Dbase III Plus as a logging program long before windows =
logging software was available.

 Other contest software that I have used always provided a method to =
convert the output to=20

Dbase III. Several dbase files containing literally thousands of records =
have discouraged me from=20

attempting to convert the files to a modern logging program.=20

KA5WSS logcon conversion program does convert the ADIF file from =
Writelog to a dbase file.

Unfortuneatly Dbase III doesn't recognize it a .DBF file.=20

Hope someone out there can come up with a solution.

73,

Seymour, K2XF

K2XF@ARRL.NET

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C17A6C.C3F5B140

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<P>The Problem:</P>
<P>Recently purchased Writelog in time for the CQWW DX CW contest.</P>
<P>Great software. Surpasses other contest software that I have =
used.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Now I need a method to convert any output from Writelog to a dbase =
III=20
file.</P>
<P>Background:</P>
<P>Have been using Dbase III Plus as a logging program long before =
windows=20
logging software was available.</P>
<P>&nbsp;Other contest software that I have used always provided a =
method to=20
convert the output to </P>
<P>Dbase III. Several dbase files containing literally thousands of =
records have=20
discouraged me from </P>
<P>attempting to convert the files to a modern logging program. </P>
<P></P>
<P>KA5WSS logcon conversion program does convert the ADIF file from =
Writelog to=20
a dbase file.</P>
<P>Unfortuneatly Dbase III doesn't recognize it a .DBF file. </P>
<P>Hope someone out there can come up with a solution.</P>
<P>73,</P>
<P>Seymour, K2XF</P>
<P>K2XF@ARRL.NET</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C17A6C.C3F5B140--