AW: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control]

Carsten Steinhöfel carsten.steinhoefel@web.de
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 19:35:33 -0000

To make it clear, I cannot key without squeeze (iambic) keying
either.

What I want is the possibility to switch off dot/dash memories.
Actually both Mode A and B have dot/dash memories, i.e. if the
dot paddle is pressed while a dash is sent or the other way
around, a dot (dash) will follow after the dash (dot). The
difference between Mode A and B comes out only when releasing
both paddles like in the graphics on the webpage
http://www.qsl.net/ok1rr/curtisa_b.html

On my ARRL Super Keyer II compatible (ETM9C), I use Time
Pattern V9 (Iambic timing with no dot or dash memory), the other
options are: Super Keyer or Accukeyer or Curtis "A", each with
dot and dash memory or dash memory only or dot memory only.

I hope this is somewhat clear. We had a somewhat lengthy
discussion about this on the AGCW-DL reflector some time ago.
Consensus between most QRQ Ops was that nobody uses dot/dash
memories.

Sorry for the bandwidth somewhat off topic.

73 Carsten DL1EFD