[WriteLog] help

Jim Rhodes rhodes@evertek.net
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 02:02:09 -0600

Read the help file on rig interfacing for CW. You will need an interface
(transistor or optoisolator) to key the PTT & the key line. Writelog can
key the PTT via a control port if the rig has one and supports this, or it
can use such an interface to key most any rig. Mine is built right into a
db25 connector. And the audio can come right off of the patch output. You
will probably want to use a 1:1 isolation transformer. A similar interface
works great on RTTY too.