[WriteLog] sending corrected call

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 17:25:09 -0000

Hi Jamie,

I've added a bunch of specific WriteLog.ini entries in the 'Setting up You'
WriteLog.ini Settings section of my web site. This is one of them. From the
site:

"WriteLog, by default, sends at least two letters of a corrected call when
the + key is pressed (which logs the call and sends the 'QRZ' message). Some
people like sending the full call again signifying the correction rather
than just the partial call. This can be addressed in the Writelog.ini file
in the [Configuration] section.

Partial Call:
CwSendPartialCallCorrections=0  (where 0 is zero)

Full Call:
CwSendPartialCallCorrections=1"

Also, the correct setup on the QSO B4 is to establish your normal exchange
message with the QSO B4 message enclosed in %B. For example, in CQ WW CW:

%C %BQSO B4%B5NN5

This would send the call and the 5NN5 exchange for signal report and zone.
Since it would check the call for a dupe, if the station worked was a dupe,
it would send the call and then the message between the %B's, in this case
K9JY QSO B4.

Hope this helps.

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at: