[WriteLog] K9JY Web Site Update - Sound Cards

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:25:18 -0000

All,

There has been a lot of activity on the reflector over the last three months
on Sound Cards. To the end of standardizing the setup of the cards with
WriteLog and offering some Troubleshooting hints that have been on the
reflector, I have added a section under "Setting up You" called,
appropriately enough, 'Sound Cards.' In this section you will see the three
things you need to do to get your sound card working and a troubleshooting
section to help you if the sound card is not working.

This is not meant to be the last word in sound cards, but I have personally
learned a LOT about sound cards with WriteLog over the last year. I now do
all of my contesting (CW, RTTY, and SSB) using the sound card and have
appreciated the relative simplicity they offer to the contesting ham. So
take a look. If something has worked for you in the past that isn't listed,
let me know privately so I can add it to the site. As things come up on the
reflector, I'll add them to the troubleshooting section.

You can reach the site at http://www.k9jy.com and click on the left
navigation bar under 'Setting up You.'

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at: