[WriteLog] Writelog w/ WinTelnetx??? - revised

Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:51:03 +0100

Hello agn,

Yesterday I posted a question:

> Is there anyone out there using (or at least succeeded to set up)
> Writelog with K1TTT's WinTelnetX ? All my attempts to get them
> working together failed.

I obviously did not specify clearly what I really wanted to achieve with
this. Let me try again:

As I understand WinTelnetX has several functions and one of them is to map a
LAN connection to a COM-port. This is what I want to achieve.

I need to find a way to be able to use that UHF link to substitute Ethernet.
My new home sits on a rural ridgetop and DSL still 200 years away from
there... hi There I can hear about 20 packet nodes but the cochannel
interference from other nodes and the uplink interference from the other
users make it impossible to stay connected. The local mobile operators don't
have GPRS on their rural cells either.

I'd like to run Writelog in my mother's office PC where she has internet via
LAN thus I would not depend on local VHF cluster availability. My mom's PC
should be connected to a TNC/UHF link to my PC running Writelog at home.
WinTelnetx should actually do the job by mapping LAN to a COM port and vice
versa. There must be a trick but I failed to find it.

73! Zoli HA1AG

Ps: I have to cook with what I have already available - buying new SW is no
option after building a house and getting married...