[WriteLog] PTT CW on 1000MP?

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:36:47 +0000

Barry,

This sounds similiar to what I discovered with my FT1000mp. I use the W5XD
keyer and I tried to use WriteLog thru the Rig control to command PTT. But
the FT1000mp would drop out after the first dot or dash. I had to look at
the command codes from Writelog to convince myself that Writelog was
correctly asserting PTT ON (via the CAT interface) at the beginning of a
message and  PTT OFF at the end.

It was the FT1000mp that was dropping out of transmit on the first keyed
character. I thought it was just my FT1000mp that had a glitch. I had to
use the PTT signal from the W5XD keyer port and a transistor switch to the
PTT input of the FT1000mp to make everything behave.

So it looks like we have at least two FT1000mp with the same problem?

Jerry, W6IHG

At 04:13 AM 12/20/2001 -0800, N1EU wrote:
>I just discovered that if I disconnect the keying line
>from the MP, transmit is asserted correctly throughout
>the cw message!  Plug in the keying line, and transmit
>only flashes briefly at the beginning of the message.
>
>Again, any thoughts on getting this working are
>appreciated.  Is this problem present in other radios
>or just the (my?) MP?
>
>Tnx/73,
>Barry  N1EU

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC